Home

Friday, December 19, 2014

"5 Star" Sight Word Review

I am always looking for new ways to spice up reviewing our sight words. One of my students' favorite activities is "Star Words" (maybe because it sounds like "Star Wars"?) I originally found the idea from Shari Sloane at http://www.kidscount1234.com/high.html

Every few weeks, I will hide our "Star Words" before the students enter the classroom. Sometimes they are our new sight words or ones that my students are having difficulty remembering. they each receive a recording sheet and silently search for the hidden stars. To earn a sticker on their papers, they have to read all of the words for me.


(Credit goes to Shari Sloane. Click here check out her site and get a copy.)

At the beginning of the year, the stars are hidden in very obvious places. By this point in the year, I get a little more creative...

New ornament?




If I could find a ton of mini flashlights for cheap... and batteries weren't an issue, my kids would love doing this activity with the lights off.

No comments:

Post a Comment